My 2nd fondant cake




This is my second attempt in fondant making. It’s another birthday cake as a present for a bubby girl by the name of Charish. 

I decided to make some trendy modifications with the cake arrangement. I wanted to have a two-layered cake but in two different colors. So, I made butter flavored on the bottom then topped it off with chocolate flavored. Voila! It looked just as appetizing as those you probably buy at Goldilocks. 


However, I am quite discontented with the outcome of my finished product due to some reasons. First, the coloring was inefficient. I nearly stained my hands but still I wasn’t able to achieve the right hue I wanted to have. Second, I only got barely two hours to complete my cake since the party will start at 7 o’clock. You see it’s pretty difficult to concentrate on your craft when under time constraint more so for a starter like me. And managing the fondant takes a lot of patience and passion.


Apparently, I run out of ideas in my design plus the fact that I still haven’t got those cutter-with-shapes thing so I once again used my scrapbook cut outs. 


The birthday girl loved the cake same with everyone at the party. It’s probably the most rewarding remark I had ever received.

0 comments:

Post a Comment