Project: Chanel handbag cake for Mhine's Birthday


My first ever attempt on handbag cake.  It took me a lot of courage before I finally got to convince myself that it could be worth trying.  

It has been a long-time dream for me to create a project such as this, but my scarce knowledge and limited tools would always prevent me from fulfilling that dream.  I've done a few cakes before that somehow have helped me improve on my skills yet the fact remains the same that I'm just a beginner.  There is still more to learn.  It's a learning process that requires patience and hard work.  And I'm very much willing to go through all that in order to be better in my craft.

Since a dear friend was gonna celebrate her birthday, why not try making that dream come true?  It would also be a perfect present for her because she simply loves bags that come in all sizes. 

I picked the easiest design I could find on the net.  Trying to do for it the first time, I expected it to be hard.  On the contrary, it wasn't as hard as I had imagined it.  The quilted pattern was fun to do using an improvised embosser tool, a bread knife with the help of a ruler.  That still gave it a quilted look though not as good as with the real cutter/embosser wheel.  Another thing I had difficulty doing was the chanel logo.  I made it look a little bit bigger than it should be. 

The end result was more than enough to give me assurance that I could do some other designs beyond my imagination.  As long as the desire to do better is there, everything else follows.

Click link for photos of her birthday: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment