Australian Citizenship Pledge Day

Me and the Mayor of Albany, Mr. Dennis Wellington

I'm officially an Australian Citizen!  

Last Thursday, the 16th of this month, I was one among the group of Filipinos together with other nationalities who took part in a very memorable event where we made an oath...

"From this time forward, under God,
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,
whose democratic beliefs I share,
whose rights and liberties I respect, and
whose laws I will uphold and obey."

Becoming an Australian citizen is a choice and I truly believe that this has to be one of the best choices I have made in my life. 

But whatever I have become, wherever I may be, regardless of this transition, I know I will always embrace and live up to the values I was brought up with.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment