Galaxy S, future beyond

Recently got myself a post-paid plan under Virgin Mobile - a Samsung Galaxy S.  I actually wanted an iPhone 4 but due to its runway success over the last couple of months since its release, most of the shops have currently run out of them.  I was advised that it might take a few months or so for the new stocks to come.  Being an impulsive-compulsive buyer as I am, I can't afford to wait that long.  It's now or never.  

Galaxy S is likewise powered by Android.  Most of the high-end android phones are similar to each other in terms of hardware.  This one even looks like an iPhone.  I guess that's an understatement.  I have yet to discover much of its features in the coming days.  

Briefly, the build quality of the phone is pretty cool.  It has a 4-inch Super Amoled screen and weighs an amazing 119 grams.  It is extremely light and very handy.  Certainly nothing to worry about running out of free space because it comes with 16GB internal memory.  Texting has never been easier with the new Swype typing method.  Simply swipe finger over the letters and let go when the word is done.  Samsung has also pre-loaded the phone with quite a few applications, most of these can be downloaded directly from Android market or Samsung Apps store.

This phone truly exceeded my expectation, far beyond my imagination.  I look forward to new and exciting ways to use this much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment