Marian Orchard (July 14) Jul 28

Location: Brgy. Malabanan Balete, Lipa City

When I woke up that morning, I couldn't open my right eye. My eyelashes were sticking together and my eye was feeling a bit sore and with visible redness. I freaked out that I might had been infected with sore eyes (conjunctivitis). No way! I told myself that I wouldn't let it spoil my holiday.

And so that afternoon, we went to Marian Orchard. The place was very holy, serene and peaceful. Somehow it made me feel guilty that my main purpose for visiting was not to pray or to contemplate, but just to take photos. They say that large number of people mostly come during the observance of Holy Week to do "Bisita Iglesia" and "Stations of the Cross". That might be one of the reasons why the place looked unmaintained in terms of cleanliness. There were pieces of rubbish everywhere, weeds and bushes sprawling all over, faded and peeling off paint of structures and mosquitos. I was trying to visualize how the place would be like if it was well taken care of. There had to be something that the community or local government should do about it before the orchard lose its beauty.

Click link for photos:  

0 comments:

Post a Comment