Project: 3-Tier Dora Themed Cake

A Filipino couple made this order for their daughter who was turning two.  They already had a look through the albums on my Facebook page before coming to see me, so they kinda know the cakes that I've made.  

I'm guessing Dora the Explorer is a favorite of most little girls in Albany.  They just love her so much.  With that in mind, I didn't get surprised at all when they said they wanted the cake in Dora themed.  Sure there won't be any problem with that because I have had a few similar themes in the past.  But wait, the best part of the discussion is yet to come.  This made me quite impressed with the confidence they have in my work for them to go for a three-tier.  

my first three-tier project

First attempt that I am very proud of.  The height of it may be intimidating but it wasn't that hard putting one layer on top of the other.  I actually had fun working with it.  Another first that I successfully managed to accomplish.  

Note:  One thing about this cake, it was sooo heavy!  Weighed as much as three or four kilos, my hands couldn't bare carrying it to move from the kitchen counter to the table.


0 comments:

Post a Comment