Project: Alvin and the chipmunks

A week ago, Shara messaged me for two cake orders.  When she said she wanted this theme on one of them, I couldn't say yes right away.  Not because I don't want to do the order but the fact remains the same that "I cannot do hand-molded figures" still.  I know this is something I should work on if I really want to be good at fondant decorating.  Like some techniques I never knew before but now I can actually do is all part of the learning process I came to embrace.  And it makes me so eager to learn a thing or two from every project given to me.  Perhaps this is the right time to take the challenge.

The night before, I started looking the web for sample photos as guide.  None of them looked simple to me but I had to try my very best to make the chipmunks look close enough to the originals.  I keep saying to myself that I can't afford to disappoint Shara and most of all, the baby named Sidarth who was turning one year old.  It sure will be a very memorable event and I was praying that the cake won't spoil the fun. 

In more than three hours, I have finally completed all three chipmunks.  Yay!  Can't believe I was able to finish them without freaking out.  Yes it was difficult but one thing I'm sure of, all the hard work paid off when I saw the finished result.  Feel free to comment.  I am more than willing to improve on this new learning.

Alvin with a chef hat.

Theodore, Alvin and Simon with chef hats on

Here are more photos of the actual cake.

Bright-coloured fondant ball borders

Alvin and the chipmunks

Thank God I did it.  Looking back, it all started with a simple attempt, passion and my love for this craft.  Now I feel very blessed that this has come a long way.  The dream that I used to dream is slowly coming true.


0 comments:

Post a Comment