Project: Cake for the New Year 2012

My last cake project for the year 2011 and my first for the year 2012.


This was for Donna, the niece of Kumare Geraldine.  She has placed the order before Christmas just in case I'd be fully-booked on the New Year.  She wanted it on the 1st of January, before lunchtime.  I marked the date on my calendar so I'd be reminded.  Lucky I was given the weekend off, which I haven't had in a long time; a perfect time to do some tasks and get ready for the new year. 

I can proudly say that with this one, the whole idea of design was mine and mine alone.  She didn't specify what sort of cake she wanted to have.  When I asked her if she has anything in mind, she just said "anything nice".  No offense to her but I honestly find it hard to start a project when I have no idea how and where to start.  When clients give me specific theme or design, or colors and shape, I prefer that.  Not only does it lessen the time I spent on research, it also makes the task easier. 

fondant flowers

The daisy flowers were placed on top to give it a fresher and brighter look.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the New Year but flowers are classic, timeless.  They can help transform a simple cake into an entirely beautiful creation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment