Hong Kong Tour Day 3

Last day in Hong Kong... I wish we had more time to see other beautiful places around.  Those three unforgettable days were over in just a snap.  There were so many things we didn't get to do because of insufficient time, like the thrill of taking the public transportation such as tram, MTR and double-deck buses and ferries; visiting Central's bazaars; trying out noodle bars and a lot more.  I shouldn't be reminding all these to myself.  It will just make me feel bad.  But on a lighter note, I know in my heart that I was able to make Amay happy.  I have never seen her so overjoyed.

Woke up to this fascinating sight again.  Somehow I've come to appreciate the view.  And I love looking at Tsing Ma bridge from afar.


To start our day, we had breakfast at a nearby Cafe de Coral, using our breakfast vouchers.  We had a feast. 


As soon as we got back to the hotel room, we started packing our stuff so we could check-out before 12noon.  The hotel allowed us to leave our luggage at the lobby.  Don't fret.  I had the same concern.  I can assure they were very well looked after.

While waiting for a cab,  Amay and I went camwhoring.

just realized we were both wearing floral summer prints

Headed to Mong Kok street market.  They say it's the counterpart of Divisoria in Hong Kong.  From our hotel, it took us about half an hour by cab.  Got there while most stalls were still being put up so we figured out they don't open until 12 noon.  But there were some that had their items out on display already.  Aimlessly, I picked one wallet to see closely what it was made of but immediately put it down.  We were gonna resume walking when the saleslady called our attention.  Using a calculator in her hand, she typed in a certain amount for the wallet.  Started at HK$200 then went all the way down to HK$50.  But because I had no intention to buy it, I kept saying no to her and tried to walk away but she was so persistent.  To get out of the scene, we just said to her that we haven't gotten any local money but she still insisted on taking us to a money changer nearby and won't let go of my hand.  Hubby then firmly interfered and said we gotta get going.  The lady must have felt the authority in his voice which made her recoil.

Went back on the road to continue walking.  Streets looked so busy, people walking back and forth in all directions.


street foods



After having lunch, we decided to go back to the hotel.  It was still early so we took a stroll through the Sky Garden.  We wanted to come down to the pool area but we couldn't find the path.  





Soon it was time to go.  We were fetched by the tourist coach from the hotel to the airport at 5PM in time for our 7:30PM flight.  It felt sad leaving but I know those wonderful memories will always bring a smile. 

Given the chance, I'd come back over and over again to HK just to eat egg tarts.

Notes:
Rambler Oasis Hotel website -  http://www.ramblerhotels.com/oasis/Index-en.htm
Log pose Travel and Tours Co. - http://mytrip.logpose.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment