Project: Birthday Cake for Kumare

She's one special woman who deserves an equally special cake.

I wanted to make her something unique, something that will define her personality.  The first thing that came to my mind was a luggage or bag cake with LV monogram.  But since some food colors are not available here such as brown and black, I instantly got rid of the idea.  I know my skills in cake making is limited to a few designs only but I tried my best to come up with a creative concept.  And so, it just popped out from nowhere. 


Cake:  moist chocolate cake

Icing: buttercream

Topper: pair of shoes made from edible chocolate





I actually got those pair of shoes from Priceline when they had a massive post-Valentine chocolate clearance sale.  Little did I know that it could be useful to me later on.  

Inspired by Kumare's penchant for all sorts of footwear, which if I may say would probably be over a hundred pairs, it would have been a perfect addition to her collection if they were real and wearable.  Needless to say, Kumare was utterly delighted the first time she saw it.  She was just so grateful because she wasn't expecting it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment