Project: My very first boobies cake

One of our friends, Vivian, celebrated her birthday last Saturday.  Prior to that, she came over to the Dome to personally ask me if I could make her a cake.  Without a second thought, I said yes. 

my sister's boobies cake
 A couple of weeks back, my sister posted this photo of her latest cake design.  It was a boobies cake in red corset.  It looked so nice and I couldn't help my admiration of how she came up with such creative concept.  She has really gone a long way in the art of cake making and decorating.

The thought of making my own version gave me a thrill of excitement.  My sister would always tell me which design is easy to make and which is not.  And when it comes to inputs, I knew I could only trust the expert.

Cake design makes a cake stand out.  If you want your cake to catch everyone's attention at a party or in any gathering, you have to make it distinct.

I set aside my hesitation.  Before all the ingredients were delivered to me, I started making an outline in my head.  I didn't want to fail on my first attempt.

Making the cake base was easy.  The only difficult part was making the boobies look fuller and even in shape.  If I had the right baking pan it would have been easier but thanks to my resourceful ideas.  I just used two small oven-proof bowls as alternative pans, trimmed off excess of the cake and shaped them.  Covering the whole cake with rolled fondant was another critical point.  I've rolled out the fondant too thin because I wasn't sure if I had enough to cover up the whole cake.  As a result, the surface turned out with lopsidedness and lumps.  Lastly, the most intricate bra design.  I had quite an interesting time working it out because I was so concerned that it won't be pleasing to the eye.  I added a few details on the bra just to make it look more attractive.
my version of boobies cake

0 comments:

Post a Comment