Project: Bride and groom cookies


When Rhianna came over to pick up the cake that she ordered, she saw the photo of a bride and groom cookies on my Ipad.  It was there for a reason.  It served as a guide for the joint cake project that I just finished making before she got there.  To my surprise, she wanted me to make her 25 pairs of those cookies for her wedding day.  But before I could actually say yes, my mind seemed hesitant to confirm.  First of all, I've got two cake orders due on the same weekend.  So how am I supposed to fit all those in my schedule?  I gave her a "yes", still. 

Thursday night, had the cookies baked; cooled overnight, ready for their outfit in the morning.

Friday, started the day early to accomplish orders.

First in line, cookies.  Was all set to proceed when I felt like there was a need to check Facebook, not really knowing there was something I was about to find out.  A message notification got my attention.  When I clicked on it, it was from Rhianna.   "Hey Sheryl I don't know whether you got my MSG or not I was just going to say not to worry about those biscuits!! I've been so busy and so it's a bit late now , hope you have a good day at work xxx".

Couldn't help but smile after reading it.  Somehow I was partly anticipating she would cancel but not on the last  minute.  I believe it was neither her fault nor mine that the message didn't get to me.  To be honest, I was even happier that things turned out that way.  That meant, I could concentrate on my two other projects.

Since it was supposedly my first time to work with fondant cookies, I didn't want to let that chance just pass me by without actually trying it. So I started doing the groom in tuxedo which took me almost an hour to finish. Every detail literally required so much effort. And because they were tiny, it was hard to control my hands from shaking.

To sum it all up, I've consumed nearly two hours just dressing up those two cookies. How much time could I've spent in order to finish the remaining 24 pairs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment