Project: Farm-themed cake

Farm-themed cake with tractor

Up to this time, reality hasn't set in yet...  Who would have thought that something as big as this project would be offered to me by none other than, the boss himself, the owner of Dome cafe.  Never in my wildest dreams.  But who was I to say no to this opportunity when it could only come once in a lifetime...

When he first told me about it, I fell speechless for a moment.  More than the fact that my skills are limited and basic, I still haven't got my self-confidence.  But every time a new project is given to me, my hesitations and uncertainties have to be set aside.  The mere fact that there are people out there who choose to believe in my creative ideas though they know I'm just a nobody in cake making, is just overwhelming.  In a way, it helps me be the driven, motivated, inspired person that I want to become.

Farm-themed cake with cow

For his wife, he wanted a farm-themed cake, featuring a cow and a tractor.  From what I heard, the wife recently bought a farm.  That would have been his reason for choosing such theme.  

The project's design was created by creatively putting together two different concepts.  I personally love the idea of having those tiny flowers clung on the vine as it stretched around the cake.  The tractor was still the main attraction on the cake.  Although I must say it was one of the most simple/easy hand-molded figure I've ever made.  I prefer not to comment anything about the cow... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment