Project: Ipod cake

One cake after the other, how was that? 

Saturday - Instead of going to bed after having gone from the striped-themed dinner party at Rey's place, I still had to do my unfinished project.  Another cake that was waiting to be covered and decorated with fondant.  Lucky I've had it frosted with butter cream icing the night before.  

Just got changed, put on my apron then went straight to the kitchen.  Had all my stuff ready and handy.  When working with fondant, it's necessary to keep everything needed just within reach because hands get dirty easily.  I'm still in the process of learning a systematic way of doing it without having to make a mess.

It didn't take me long to finish covering up the cake.  In fact, I spent more time making the Ipod and the earphone than the base itself.  Couldn't quite figure out how to make them appear relatively indistinguishable from the original which apparently, resulted to a "second-rate trying hard copycat".  To make it worst, I messed around with the text on the menu button.  Tried using a silver writing gel but didn't work, so I ended up using a Pilot black pen (which meant the white part of the control button could not be eaten!)  To add some details, I decided to make some tiny heart cut-outs around the sides then placed them overlapping one another atop the cake, next to the Ipod.  Surprisingly, it didn't look so bad after all.  It gave me a certain feeling of relief that my effort was not at all put to waste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment