Project: Lion Cake

Got asked by my boss to make a Lion Cake for his son's birthday.  The next day, at work, he gave me a print out image from the web.  It looked like this.  Of course he didn't want chow-mien noodles on the cake.  He made clear though that I'm free to come up with my own different version.


Searched all over web to find the best-looking lion cake but most of them were technically difficult for my skills.  I've seen some that were made in the shape of a lion face which looked quite easy decorated with butter cream but who knows where on earth could I get those baking pans.  Then there were the regular cakes with 3D handcrafted lion figure on top them.  Panic mode.  Running out of ideas at very little time left.

Thought I might give it a try once more, another search... and right there I knew I have found what I was looking for.  

The facial features I got from the guide, the rest from my own bits of creative ideas.

smiling lion face

I love how this detail complete the overall look




0 comments:

Post a Comment