Project: Love Love Love Cake

It's a wedding anniversary cake for a lovely couple I recently got the chance to know more.  They live in Albany and both work at the same company as my husband but for some obvious reason we have never bumped into each other in the past, if my memory serves me right.  Or we may have but we weren't formally introduced.  Quite odd to think of but truth to that is the fact that I still don't know a lot of Pinoys in this little town.  

Now going back to the cake, so the husband, Erning, came to our home the other day to have their desktop computer fixed.  Don't get confused, it's my husband who knows all sorts of restore for any computer problem, definitely not my line of interest.  While he was here waiting, he mentioned about the cake I made for Emily's baby (the 3-tier Princess crown), that it looked amazing and tasted so good as well.  He also said that his wife, Elsie, really liked it and even had a photo taken beside it.  That was so overwhelming.  Then he blurted out that they were going to celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary very soon.  A perfect occasion to have a cake and eat it too, I said.  When he said it will be the day after tomorrow, I almost fell on my seat.  He did say very soon though.  

As soon as he left the house, I started baking the cake.  Didn't finish until 11 in the evening but at least I've got them all ready for icing the next day.  While baking I was searching the web for design that would suit their extraordinary love for each other.

Although short notice, this cake was made with so much passion and effort to create the perfect theme for one beautiful marriage.  That's why I gave it the title, Love love love cake.



15 years of blissful marriage

Two-tone hearts around the sides of the bottom layer

0 comments:

Post a Comment