Project: Pilipinas Flag Cake

There might have been a little bit of drama about this recent project but I'm glad that it did turn out as a success, which truly made my day better than yesterday...

Just to give you a brief story of what happened.  About a week ago, I got a message from a friend saying that there's a Filipina who wanted to order a cake.  In response gave her my mobile number so the latter could contact me.  Being in this business, I prefer personally getting in touch with my clients whether through phone conversation or text message to discuss details about their order.  But until yesterday morning there was no word from the client herself.  I was left hanging.  I've got to confirm before leaving for work.  When I finally had the chance to speak to my friend who passed the message along, she was very certain about the order.  As soon as ingredients were sorted, I hastily  baked the cake. 

Coming home from work, I was ready to get my hands working when an unexpected message interrupted me.  Apparently, the lady wanted to cancel the order.  What the heck?  She can't just call it off and put all my ingredients to waste.  It's so unbelievable.  Never thought I'd encounter anything like this.  She should have been reasonable.  I was so disappointed.  I'll get over this soon, hopefully.

Waking up this morning was a completely different story.  Got a call from the person who gave me a sleepless night; she sounded defensive and best part of the conversation was when she said she wants the cake done this afternoon.  Glad she actually made an effort to reach me.  Somehow it lighten up my mood.

Spent all morning decorating the cake.  This is my first Philippine flag projectMaking the eight rays of the sun was actually more complicated than the main flag itself.  But I love the outcome.  The colors were also precise, which is quite surprising.
 
Three stars and a sun


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment