Bridal Car

Supplier – Dr. Pad c/o Betterpan Catering Services
Rating –10.0

The bridal car service had been originally included into our agreed package with Betterpan.  It was a classic white Benz C220 sedan, which I supposed then, was quite a decent one.  We settled on that choice, purposely, just for a period of time, as I knew sooner than later, we could still get an alternative. 

And I was right. 

A few months prior the wedding, two of my best buddies had pledged to sponsor my bridal car.  It was an offer too good to refuse, so without another thought I said yes.  The next thing I knew, I was left utterly torn between 1947 Jaguar Mark V and 1930 Cadillac.  Before I could even resolve my indecision, I needed to coordinate, firstly, with Betterpan and/or Kelly.  Apparently, they did grant the upgrade from the classic Benz to a vintage Jaguar, however, it incurred an amount much more than I had expected.  Kelly explained the procedure of having to hire it out from another party and then adding its cost on top of our package.  Much to my delight they’d given us some percentage cut off the original rental fee for the car I had chosen – 1947 Jaguar Mark V.
On the day – It felt like, reflexively, my chin dropped and my mouth opened in astonishment when the sight of the ivory cream vintage car caught my eyes.  I was then at the lobby of the Crowne Plaza while Rupert and Kenneth beckoned me for a few final, top view shots.  Soon after, I was literally at a snail's pace, as I treaded my way down the flight of stairs heading to the door.  As I got closer to the car, my amusement was even more overwhelming.  For a moment, it felt like I was day dreaming…

On our way to the church, I had the chance to open up a conversation with the driver.  Intentionally, I wanted to distract myself because I could feel my hands getting cold already.  Somehow I felt a little disappointed that I didn’t get as much time to enjoy the travel, given that Christ the King was just within the vicinity. 

We did have more than enough shots with the car at the CTK church compound right after the ceremony, except that, our coordinators had to cut it short because we were running out of time.  The mass itself had consumed the remaining minutes intended for the pictorial.  And the car had to leave at 12:15PM; otherwise, we had to pay additional Php2,500 for the succeeding 15 minutes.  As a consequence, we opted not to have any more shots at the reception venue with the car.  In fact, we had exceeded 10 minutes but the driver said it was all right.  We invited him to join us and have lunch but he refused courteously.  Little did I know that the same person who was driving the car was the same person who actually owns it, and his name was Dr. Pad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment