Caterer

Supplier:  Better Pan Catering Services
Contact Details: www.betterpancatering.com, (+632) 6320995
Category: Food and Drinks
Budget Percentage: 38.68%
Overall Rating:9.0

We actually got their services through the help of a good friend and coordinator, Kelly.  She was the one who brought up the name of the company, at the time we had started having discussions about where to hold our reception party.  I believe she was/is, in one way or another, allied with the management.  It was just amazing the favors she could get them to do for her and/or us.  

We had been privileged to have availed of their “special-hassle-free” wedding package.  A great deal, indeed.  It likewise meant lesser responsibilities for us.  At least, we were able to spare ourselves some time to relax without having to be troubled about the entire prep scheme. 

Package Rate – our initial booking with them was for 150 people.  Hubby and I deduced that we won’t even reach over 130 guests.  Later on, as we were getting closer to making the second payment, we had come to a decision.  We elevated our number of guests to 200, so as to accommodate additional attendants and the suppliers.  The price per plate had gone up to Php1000, which by simple math meant, 200K.  I had to make some trivial objection, the first time, for we felt it was a bit too much.  Kelly’s convincing powers might have worked efficiently again, I presumed.  The next day, she was pleased to inform us that they’ve generously taken 10K off the total.  Two thumbs up for that!

Mode of Payment – 20K was all they asked us to shell out, as initial payment.  So, as early as September of last year, even if we haven’t had food tasting yet, we booked them already.  I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but there were not that many other options accessible for us.  Besides, the words of affirmation from Kelly were proof enough to set aside our uncertainties; and the rest had all remained bygones.  Our last and final payment was meant to be settled a month before the event.  However, we ended up clearing our balance just the week prior (the wedding).  Despite the delay, they remained very considerate; never did they make any follow up email or SMS on the subject, which was good.  We made sure though that Kelly knew everything in between.

Communication – if there was one aspect about our transaction with Betterpan which I can consider as inadequate all throughout, it would be the part where there should have been direct dialogue between us and them.  As I’ve said earlier, they had been referred to us by our coordinator, long before we actually thought of hiring one.  So, from the time we had started considering the proposal, up to the last minute demands/requests on the day itself, Kelly competently performed her job as intermediary; everything that we wanted to raise about, whether it was an urgent matter or not, had to be conveyed first to her.  She then had to solely discuss whatever it was to the management, before she could significantly give us a response.  And the answers had always been positive, apt and prompt.  I believe though that as the client, it would have been proper if we had been introduced formally first to the owner or someone in-charge of the operation before being tossed to another.  I have no idea if there was some sort of internal agreement between them and Kelly, for that matter, and I didn’t want to ask either.   I just realized that maybe I was a bit too complacent about the whole thing that I seemed to have taken this for granted.

Black and white – most of our preliminary conversations, if not all of them, were documented on emails.  Again, these were only between me and Kelly.  I remembered she had to revise the package doc a couple of times due to some typo errors.  I wouldn’t go any further into the details, for I don’t want to create a plot of some sort, regarding this.  What I just want to point out here is the fact that, quite a few pertinent papers, relating to our business deal with Betterpan have not been handed over to us, until now.  The whole time we were having meetings before the event, regularly discussing stuff to be accomplished; never had she mentioned anything about those.  She did send one file, as far as I can recall, the contract from Acropolis Clubhouse, but nothing else other than that.  

Amenities – the “special-hassle-free” package was perfectly jam-packed with cool perks.  Here’s the list of the enclosure.  I will post corresponding review on each entry to further assess each supplier.
* own choice of menu, (food tasting)
* gazebo, floral centerpieces arrangement, table settings, tiffany chairs, (final detailing)
* bridal car
* signature frame
* emcee and sound system
* bedroom suite
* mobile coffee bar
* chocolate fountain
* photo booth
* reception venue

So, why am I giving them a rating of 9.0 and not 10.0?

First of all, I'd like to clarify that none of my personal issues, which I've noted above, had anything to do with this rating. I've tried, as possibly as I could, to be reasonable here and did not let my subjective way of thinking get into the way.  It wouldn't be fair for Betterpan's name to be involved in any way into something beyond their control.  

Honestly, I could have given them a perfect 10 rating if only I were to rate how they carried out on the day itself, which to me was just remarkable.  But this isn't limited to that alone , since the service they had provided us was more like a collection of other services.  So, whatever lapses that might have been incurred by one of them, would in one way or the other affect the totality.  

Kindly refer to my succeeding posts for a more elaborate evaluation on each item in the amenities section. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment