Looking Back 40 Days Since Our Wedding

A month had sped by in a blur, leaving me still clinging to all the wonderful memories of that one special day. As I look back at every photo, both tagged and posted on my Facebook wall, my heart would always skip a beat with bliss, and the whole thing about it sparks through my recollection very vividly once again.

We may have had stumbled upon inevitable circumstance along the way, where we “almost” had to make the painful decision whether to pursue the wedding or not. Earlier this year when Inay, my mother-in-law, was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic adenocarcinoma. It was devastating for everyone in the family. What could be more painful than being miles and miles away from someone you care about? Our only hope and deliverance were God’s healing hands. She needed to undergo seven chemotheraphy cycles (the 6th session was done a week before the wedding) which, as an after effect, caused her to go bald. After all the medications that she had to go through, she bravely survived miraculously and looked as healthy as before. The doctors were very pleased to see the improvements with her health condition. And on the day of the wedding, she looked amazingly in shape, in our theme-coloured dress wearing a wig we bought for her. Indeed, God moves in mysterious ways.

Wedding is a wonderful moment to share with family. As the youngest in the family and only daughter to be married in church, I wanted it to be memorable. There was a twinge of pain I couldn’t contain, for I knew, my family will never be whole again. My brother was killed in a tragic shootout eight years ago, that until now, the case still remains unsolved. Apay, that’s how I call my father, passed away in 2004, due to a heart ailment. The pain of missing them breaks my heart into pieces.  And while I was walking down the aisle,  part of me silently cries in solitude.  I did try as much as I could to hold back my tears, but didn’t quite succeed.

Everyone knows how excessively demanding wedding planning and preparation could get, even more challenging for an overseas couple like us. We had gone through a lot of brainstorming, painstaking discussions and, tried as we might not to, petty arguments that had altogether helped us, in one way or the other.

Thanks to the technological advances that we all now enjoy, the answers to my queries were just a Google away.  To my W@W community, despite the fact that I hardly ever posted any significant topic to contribute to the group, still, the return of ideas and concepts were boundless.  My sincerest gratefulness goes out to the people who have generously extended their helping hands all throughout - members of our family, friends and colleagues. I don’t think our wedding would have happened the way we planned it to be, if it wasn't for their great help. 

Today... tomorrow... and all the days of my life, I will never ever forget that once-in-a-lifetime experience of being a bride -- the fun and excitement, stress, sleepless nights.  It was all worth giving credit to. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment