Breaded Fried Tofu Sticks

29th Family Day.

I've tried this at Goto King on our recent holiday in the Philippines. Like most soya-based foods I know of, it didn't taste very impressive when eaten on its own. There has to be some sort of dip, either sweet chilli sauce or barbecue sauce, whatever your preference is, to enhance its flavor. But when it comes to nutritional and health benefits, it is known that, "Tofu has a low calorie count, relatively large amounts of protein, and little fat. It is high in iron and, depending on the coagulant used in manufacturing, may also be high in calcium and/or magnesium" - from Wikipedia.

Goto Kong's fried tofu

On the left is a photo of Goto King's fried tofu. While having a bite of each stick, I was carefully analyzing in my mind how would I manage to make them in our own kitchen. I supposed it won't be too complicated.

Last Sunday's family day, I tried my luck if I could create my own version.





The ingredients I used:
  • Tofu
  • Beaten eggs
  • Oil
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Salt and pepper, ginisa mix

Cooking instruction:
  • Cut the block of tofu into sticks then fry them until they turn light brown in color.
  • Drench in seasoned beaten eggs then roll in breadcrumbs.
  • Put back in the fryer until light brown color is achieved. (Once taken out of the pan, place tofu sticks on paper towels to get rid of excess oil)
Here's my version of fried tofu.

Breaded fried tofu



Do they look the same or mine is better? Haha







0 comments:

Post a Comment