Albany Filipino Community Christmas Party (Dec 10)

Annual gathering of Filipino-Aussie families to celebrate the forthcoming yuletide season.

I honestly never planned to go, although I knew this was being planned as early as November.  Our Kumare Jeraldine is one of the officers and she relays whatever events or projects the organization is working on.  I even got an invitation to render a song number for the said party but I refused. I don't have what it takes to perform in public.

On the night of the party, my other Kumare, Mhine asked me to come with her because her husband didn't want to go. Hubby allowed me so we went on our own. Been in Albany for four Christmases but this was the first time ever that I actually attended their party.

It was fun being around with fellow Filipinos and friends; see familiar faces that I often just threw a timid smile or nod at. The whole experience was new to me. I enjoyed seeing different people coming together like one big family. 

Being a part of it for the first time has given me a memorable experience I could look forward to every year.

Click link for photos:   http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad136/sherylsantos31/Albany%20Fil%20Community%20Christmas%20Party/

0 comments:

Post a Comment