Project: Square gift box themed cake


The cake looks typical on the outside but what's inside it is something I never thought could be possible.  Any idea why that Ferrero sits on top of the cake?  

The answer is... Because cake was made with tiny bits of Ferrero Rocher chocolate as requested especially by the client.  She wanted a chocolate cake incorporated with crushed Ferrero balls.  When she first told me about it, I was like "How am I meant to do that?"  Then eventually figured out myself how it should be done. 

I thought it would be as simple as I thought it would be to make the cake, but I was wrong.  Well, it wasn't really a failure in a major way.  It just didn't rise properly.  The other cakes I normally bake come out light and airy, but this one looked a bit compact and fudgy.  I supposed there was nothing wrong with the procedure.  It could have been caused by the addition of Ferreros into the mixture, I concluded.  Instead of being stressing out over the poor outcome, I thought of baking another set of cake, original recipe.  Anyway, the cakes will be covered with fondant so I could just assemble them alternately, one on top of another.  And the idea worked just how I wanted it.

Trish is the  Canadian girl from work who asked me to make this cake.  A few days ago, she quit the job because she's moving to Melbourne.  Before leaving for good, she wanted to give this cake to the person who gave her a home while in Albany.  To whom the words "Thank You" were for.  

It's such an overwhelming feeling how a simple cake that I made can touch another person's life.  Trish was very grateful because I've done her a very big favor for doing the cake.  Consequently, she'll make someone else happy too.  This is one of the best things in life that no amount of money can buy, sheer happiness.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment