Project: Booty Cake

One cake order after the other made my weekend busy once again.

Thursday night, after I've finished dressing up the polo shirt cake that was scheduled for pick up the next day, an instant message from Marlyn popped up on my Facebook page.  "Pwede b k hmbol pra s sunday?kc knina lang ngsabi yong friend k n magcelebrate sla".  Normally I require a minimum of three days to complete one project, of course depending on the intricacy of design.  She only wanted one-tier cake that would look a bit naughty and funny for two ladies having a double birthday celebration on Sunday.  

I said yes to her.  I wouldn't have if I knew I won't be able to meet the deadline.   

So right after we ended our conversation, though it was nearly 10PM, I had to hurriedly prepare my ingredients to bake at least the cake base. I've just finished sifting all the dry ingredients when I found out there was no more milk left in the fridge. Lucky I haven't started pouring the other liquid ingredients yet. Where on earth could I get milk at this time of the night? I gave up. Probably best to set it aside for the next day.

The following day, my cake was finally done. I just used one cake recipe for all three pans. That should be enough for the size she wanted.


It kinda looked like a boobies cake, at first glance. So I added more buttercream in between the bums yet was still unable to achieve the right figure.  When I placed the bikini fondant on, it changed the whole picture that I thought I would fail to get.  My first attempt wasn't that bad after all.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment