Busy Tuesday in the kitchen

This is probably one of the busiest days I've ever had in the kitchen.  I've been up since six in the morning to finish decorating two cake orders for pick up at two.  Simultaneously I was baking two sets of cake for another cake order due at four, while doing my loads of washings in between.  Never realized I could be a superwoman when the need arises.

Project One:  The client ordered two cakes with the same design for an organization called Freemason.  Didn't actually have the chance to get as much information about what the organization does but I learned from their site that they provide quality accommodation and care for Masonic members and their families as well as members of the broader community.

This photo cut-outs were given to me by the client to serve as my guide.  I had to honestly tell her that I might not be able do some details as precise as how they appear on the photos. 

Cake design
Logo details

Now here's my version.  Glad I was able to finish these on time and really thankful that everything went smooth and under control.  I'm saying this because sometimes it's so ironic that when you want so much to finish a particular task, something beyond your control happens.  Thank God today has been one of my luckiest days on earth. 

First of all, I haven't gotten myself a bigger square baking pan yet so I had to use my Pyrex rectangular dish.  I tried to make them square, but I would have needed extra cake to get the right shape.  As much as I wanted to fix it, time was my major concern.  Secondly, the sample photo required silver beads which I haven't used in any of my projects before so I decided to make it in gray instead.  Lastly, the blue coloring failed me once again.  It has always given me the same problem that I keep trying to correct myself.  But I guess at this point, I can say that there's nothing I can do about it.  Might have to look for quality colorings online.


Project Two: Tiffany Box cake

Tiffany box cake

I've always wanted to do this design.  It looks simple yet very classy and elegant.  So, when Rhianna asked me if I could make one for her birthday I got so thrilled.

Today, when I was in the process of decorating it a realization struck me - never underestimate a simple design.  Oftentimes, I spent long hours on projects that looked easy at first glance but once I start working on them, they give me a hard time.  This is project is one perfect example of that. 

What's with the square-shaped cake that I can't seem to cover it all up smooth and seamless?  Help!


0 comments:

Post a Comment