45th Family Day (Dec 18)

It took me while before I could find time to upload this album. As always, I've been so busy making cakes after work while trying to complete my Christmas shopping in between. I just realized I had been working ten straight days over the holidays. Yes, believe it or not, I had to work an 8-hour shift on Christmas day. Thank God I'm still breathing.

Few good reasons why I love this album.

...I was half the time behind the camera than in front of it, which is quite unusual for me. Well, for a change, I wanted to try if I have an eye for photography. Exciting experience it was, I should say. You'll be the judge if I should pursue it or not.
...I have witnessed how a new friendship blossomed between Inay Juling and Ina Letty. There was like an unknown force of nature that pulled them together to be as close as they are. It all started in a casual conversation and the rest is just magic. Now they've found a "kumare" in each other.
...Although this happened a week before Christmas and though it's bit late now, I could still recall how joyful we were that day. We shared a unique set of food for dinner, with pritong tuyo and talong, and pinakbet. Don't we all miss these simple dishes back home?
...Lightroom has been helping me enhance my photos since a friend told me about it. Up to now I'm still learning how to use some of its features. I just know a few tricks that I always apply and somehow it never fails me.
...Most of all, the whole idea of having this Family Day has evolved into not just an ordinary get-together but to a more meaningful sense of closeness between families. It has opened doors to greater understanding, sharing and compassion.

For that, Sundays won't be the same without Family Day. 

Click link for photos:  http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad136/sherylsantos31/2011%20Family%20Days/45th%20Family%20Day%202011/

0 comments:

Post a Comment