Joop Thai Experience (October 1)

We have long been wanting to try this much-talked about restaurant in town. Quite a few of our friends have tried it and they strongly recommend that we check it out as well.

I was once asked by a co-worker (at Dome) if I wanted to do some extra hours with her on weekends; she works over there and the owner happens to be a good friend of hers. I thought about the offer but eventually refused because I wasn't sure if my legs could still bear prolonged standing on top of my regular hours at the Dome.

Last Saturday, after going to the mass, we went straight to the restaurant. Still parked outside, I could see Lisa, another co-worker, sitting down on a bench, probably waiting for some take-aways. She greeted us on our way in, then Sabrina came to guide us to our table. The restaurant was quite full with a few big groups on long tables. A moment later, she came back to get our orders.

It didn't take long 'til drinks and entree were served. We super loved the fish crackers. I was expecting it would be like "chicharap" but the appearance and taste was way better than that. We got so occupied facebooking through our mobiles that we didn't realize we have been waiting for over an hour already for our meals. It was understandable because apparently, the big tables had ordered before us.

The meals were finally served. Overwhelming serving, good enough for two-three persons. Hubby got the Pad Thai with seafood while mine was Pad Nam Man Hoi with prawns. We had a taste of each others meals and both tasted really good. The one I got had heaps of veggies in it, which are really my favorite. And hubby's stir-fried noodles was quite hot and flavorful with bits of nuts. Superb quality and quantity at a fairly good price. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment