Project: Cake topped with bows and curliques

Rhianna asked me to make her this cake for a tea party she was gonna have with her girlfriends prior her wedding.  She wanted it to be round, with bows and loops on top, and in pink and blue colors.


Last weekend was one of the busiest time I've ever had - three cakes in a row all for pick up on the same day.  This was the second on the line up.  I dressed it up in Friday night where I spent hours and hours making that lush design on top.  It was really fun because I've never done it before.  Got the idea from http://bakedecoratecelebrate.com/techniques/fondantbow.cfm?cat=4 , http://bakedecoratecelebrate.com/techniques/curliques.cfm?cat=4.

side detail

Something new and different to spice up a simple cake.

top view

I was so happy with the outcome of the cake.  And Rhianna loved it too.  She kept saying, "It's so nice".  All my hardwork really pay off when people appreciate my work.  It makes me want to do more projects.  

She was about to go when she saw the picture of a bride and groom cookies that I was looking at while working on my third project.  To my surprise, she wanted them for her wedding. 25 pairs.  I've never worked with coated cookies before but I knew my sister could help me out.  So I said yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment