Project: Dora and Friends themed cake for Charmelle's Birthday

Like most little girls here in Albany, she too loves Dora.  So much that she now has a massive collection of Dora the Explorer stuff.  She simply can't get enough of it all.

Inspired by her fascination, the concept for her birthday cake just dawned on me that got me so excited to start working on it.  The sample that served as my guide looked a bit challenging but soon I figured out how to make it less complicated yet with the same level of awe factor.  

Thankful that the fondant cutters I've ordered from Ebay came just in time but partly disappointed that the alphabet cutters didn't make it.  Dora and friends courtesy of Ashlyn ;-)


To be honest, part of me needs more confidence on the creative aesthetics of my designs.  I know this fondant making art entails a lot of skills/technique that someone as amateur as I am must strive hard to learn and improve on.  But as my progress continues, I am willing to fail; acquire new knowledge; be exposed to learning; gain experience; practice and who knows eventually be the best that I can be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment