Project: A joint themed birthday cake



When this project was given to me the first thing that came into my mind was an image of a "doble cara" singer performing a male and a female duet by himself/herself. Funny but that was the best picture of how they wanted the cake to be like. I couldn't honestly think of any other way to make it look creative and artistic, but I knew I had to try harder to come up with a nice idea.

They only wanted a single-tier cake. Given that, I looked up the web for some couple cakes or cookies design that I could maybe put together. And I was just lucky enough to instantly find a few.


I used blue in place of the black for the male tuxedo, and pink for the bride's gown.  I chose not to add the vertical lines detail on the tuxedo for it to be plain and simple; whereas with the gown, I placed flower cut-outs all over it to emphasize the contrast.  



This was the third cake project that I had completed over the weekend.  Thank God I was able to finish all of them successfully.  

After spending countless hours working on each of them in the kitchen every night, all I needed was a good night sleep and words.  And it's such an overwhelming feeling when people give good comments about my work.  All the hard work simply pays off.  And I'm more inspired to do better on my next projects. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment